Deafblind Camp 2021 in Western Australia
Due to COVID-19 the 2020 Western Australian Deafblind Camp had to be moved to March 2021.
“Glitz & Glamour on the Red Carpet”
held on: Friday the 12th of March to Monday the 15th of March, 2021
Woodman Point, Coogee South of Fremantle, Western Australia.
Below is a link to our YouTube Channel for the Deafblind camp 2021. Re-visit it regularly as we are adding more content.
Reporting abuse and neglect of people with disability
People with disability in Australia are more likely to experience abuse, neglect, violence and exploitation than people without disability. Every person with disability has the right to feel and be safe. If you think abuse, neglect, violence or exploitation is happening to a person with disability, you need to report it. We all have a responsibility to make our community safe.
Find out more at our Reporting abuse and neglect webpage
Deafblind West Australians
Deafblind West Australians provides support and network opportunities for people living with deafblindness in Western Australia.
The DBWA organisation represents people who are deafblind living in Western Australia. This group is currently run by Members and supported by Senses Australia with the intention of becoming autonomous.
- We support people who are deafblind to live fulfilling lives.
- We help members to undertake activities they would find difficult without support.
- We organise social events to enable our deafblind members to network and make new friends.
- We organise educational and training experiences for our members in areas such as medical research, technology and other supports related to deafblindness.
- We advocate for change and better support for our members and raise awareness of deafblindness in the community.